Monday, May 28, 2012

My First Ride

Yesterday I went for my first ever ride on a road bike. The night before I was talking with one of the riders and he invited me along on his morning ride. I didn't take him very seriously, but then later that night he showed up at my hotel room with one of the spare bikes for me to ride the next morning. It was only about a seven mile ride from our hotel to AT&T Park and back, but it was a lot of fun. It was also a chance for me to build confidence on a road bike so that hopefully I can do a leg or two of the ride. Ever since I did my first triathlon a few years ago using a mountain bike, I have been saying that as soon as I can afford a road bike I'm going to buy one so that I can start riding and doing triathlons more often. Riding yesterday morning definitely solidified in my mind that I am going to buy a road bike as soon as I can.


We rode along the pier that runs between AT&T Park (San Francisco Giants) and the bay,
where you can see straight into the outfield

2 comments:

  1. I see you've got the trademark Bergakker redface going on! :)

    Nice job! Hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my face is red it's from sunburn not exercise!

    ReplyDelete